Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Christina Aguilera/Lady Gaga Feud Brewing


Is another celeb feud brewing? This is a picture of pop newcomer, Lady Gaga. She does look a lot like Christina Aguilera and lots of media outlets have made comparisons between the two. When asked in a recent interview what she thought about Lady Gaga (PCM Interview) , Christina was very honest and didn't hold back.

What did you say to those on the Internet who are hinting that you borrowed Lady Gaga’s look?

You know, that’s funny that you mention that. This person [Lady Gaga] was just brought to my attention not too long ago. I’m not quite sure who this person is, to be honest. I don’t know if it is a man or a woman. I just wasn’t sure. I really don’t spend any time on the Internet, so I guess I live a little under a rock in that respect.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know christina was honest, maybe she was trying to cover up copying lady gaga

Anonymous said...

how exactly do you NOT know if LADY Gaga is a man or a women? I think Aguilera is just a little bitter over the accusations.

FauxReal said...

I first heard Lady Gaga a couple months back and thought when her voice went high, she sounded a lot like Christina. Tonight, I just saw a Target commercial and totally thought it was Lady Gaga. But obviously, being that it was actually Christina, I hit the web to see if there were any comparisons. Turns out there is! Christina has a voice like no other, so I was a little shocked by the need to borrow so closely. But hey Madonna did some of that later on in her career (doesn't make it right), but also most of Lady Gaga's "look" is ALL borrowed--everything she does is in homage to some other group/band/artist - Queen, David Bowie, Motley Crue, AC/DC, Paris is Burning, and even Madonna. Lady Gaga isn't an original in creating content, but she is original in how she combines what she borrows. Much of her style is carryover from electroclash and very reminiscent of artists W.I.T. and Peaches...

cherray said...

christina had that look before lady gaga and i'm a fan of both but christina might know something we don't, as for that christina as always been a great singer to, as a fan of both gaga can't compare has for now, same industry (pop) but two different lines of success.

Lidia said...

Christina does have a great voice and HAD a great career. Right now she's just being a hater. Of course she knows who Lady Gaga is. My cuban immigrant grandmother knows who Lady Gaga is. And for someone so invested in her pop career, she has to know. Someone's just being bitter and it's a shame cuz I like Christina. Gaga's new talent. Get over yourself. And I don't think they're alike at all. Christina's changed her look so many times I doubt she can even claim one. She changes for every record while Gaga's just plain wierd whatever song she does.